Mythic Battles : Pantheon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 player FFA : Core + SG

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

4 player FFA : Core + SG - Page 2 Empty Re: 4 player FFA : Core + SG

Post by MaxC Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:18 pm

LeiPak wrote:
MaxC wrote:Going full swarm, eh? Wink
He chose Hades, so he is probably pretty interested in having as many seperate units as possible on the board Wink

Well, I figured as much. The great thing is I can also benefit from that! In fact, I'd be super glad if all the units picked from now on were cheap units that will die quickly Very Happy
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:16 am

MaxC wrote:
LeiPak wrote:
MaxC wrote:Going full swarm, eh? Wink
He chose Hades, so he is probably pretty interested in having as many seperate units as possible on the board Wink

Well, I figured as much. The great thing is I can also benefit from that! In fact, I'd be super glad if all the units picked from now on were cheap units that will die quickly Very Happy
Haha obviously Wink
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by JockeZockt Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:40 am

Are all of you guys done with your picks? I´ve 1 Point left to spend Laughing
JockeZockt
JockeZockt
Troop
Troop

http://noclear-studio.de

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:39 pm

JockeZockt wrote:Are all of you guys done with your picks? I´ve 1 Point left to spend Laughing
I think so.
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by JockeZockt Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:06 pm

Then my last pick will be Icarus, and I´m done Very Happy
JockeZockt
JockeZockt
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Ok, Cap still has 2RP left and then we're done!
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap7deuce Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:42 pm

Yes i got 2 points left and i will pick Hippolyta.
Cap7deuce
Cap7deuce
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap7deuce Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:58 pm

Draft Strategy for Cap7deuce:

Some of you guys got the meaning of my draft but here is my thinking process anyway Very Happy

Hades
4 activation cards + 1 art of war cards
Picked Hades as my god mainly for his Soul culling ability. With 4 players the soul culling ability will make it even more powerful. Hence my forth going strategy was getting lots of unit on the board, so i can use Hades more aggressively in combat as well. Dont forget troops can be recalled Very Happy

So my army consists of the following:

Leonidas (3rd pick)
4 activation cards + 2 art of war cards
Very strong troop supporting unit. That it the reason he is in my army.

Hippolyta (5th pick)
5 activation cards + 1 art of war card
Troop supporting unit and i needed more art of war cards.

Toxotai (1ste Pick)
3 activation cards
I wanted one ranged troop and this was my first pick troop pick mainly bc of JockeZockt first 2 picks going full ranged.

Spartans (2nd Pick)
3 activation cards
I wanted a tough troop who could potentially do some damage.

Mymidons (4th Pick)
3 activation cards
Tough troop with mighty throw. It will take atleast 2 attacks to kill this unit

Deck total:
22 Activation cards
7 Art of war cards
Cap7deuce
Cap7deuce
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:36 pm

Here's my completed list:

Persephone 4 Activations, 1 AoW
Odysseus (3RP) 3 Activations, 3 AoW
Python (3RP) 4 Activations
Hellhounds (1RP) 3 Activations
Centaurs (1RP) 3 Activations
Deck composition : 17 Activations, 7 AoW

I was kind of curious how picking Persephone right out of the gate in a FFA would affect the draft, and sure enough JockeZockt went for some really strong range right at his first 2 picks.
I picked Odysseus because I wanted to add enough AoW to my deck to maintain Spring Growth active as long as possible. I also knew I'd want some troops troops to maximize my chances to draw cards, so Odysseus can help support those troops as well as get me even more cards to my hand.
Python I picked mostly for his guard ability since Persephone is pretty weak, plus I needed a strong enough monster to deal with fights my troops couldn't handle. His 3RP cost was also a factor, as it allowed me to recruit 2 troops instead of 1 if I had chosen a 4RP monster/hero. Preventing Omphalos claims is just a cool bonus, especially if I can get him and Persephone in a spot surrounded by Omphalos.
My troop selection was pretty simple. Mobility is key. Hellhounds is downright the best Omphalos running troop in the core box + SG in my opinion, and is only bested by the 2 flying troops in other expansions. (Stymphalian Birds & Harpies) Centaurs are also pretty fast, so they can be used for fetching, but I think they work better as a guard. And since Persephone is move 2 while her dedicated guard Python is move 1, having the Centaurs around can help protect her if I'm unable to keep my goddess and monster together for a turn.

I haven't fully analysed everyone's compositions yet, but I didn't see as many high-mobility units as I would have thought, facing Persephone. At a quick glance, the only ones I see are Bellerophon and Icarus.
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:28 pm

My completed list:
Athena: 4 Activations, 3 AoW
Bellerophon: 5 Activations, 3 AoW
Circe: 4 Activations, 1 AoW
Circes Wolves, Hoplites

My thoughts behind this army... :
I hope that by using Bellerophon (Who I could activate each turn) and Athena who allows 3 Activations at all if sponsored by AoW cards, I could just do enough to kill your units during my turn.

My Deck has pretty many AoW (10) so I should be able to activate more than two units in my turn. Additionally by using Athenas Power I should be able to Always have those cards at hand which I need.

Against Caps Troops I have Circe with her Wolves who can easily crash a few troops - if supplied with enough AoW cards.

To protect Athena I got the Hoplites which should be able to suffer quite a bit damage and therefore protect Athena.

Bellerophon can be used pretty good against all Monsters and at the same time may be pretty hard to kill due to his Pegasus' Grace Ability.

I am pretty confident with my army and think that it could keep up to the opposing armies pretty good.
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:30 pm

However I wasn't too sure about whether we play with Omphalos. I asked and somebody said yes, but the others didn't say a word.

I'd say for Battles, my army can keep up pretty good but if there is an army which tries to rush Omphalos, I might not be very mobile.
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:53 am

LeiPak wrote:However I wasn't too sure about whether we play with Omphalos. I asked and somebody said yes, but the others didn't say a word.

Yeah, that's my bad for the Omphalos being in play. I should have specified it in the OP. I guess I just assumed a skirmish match would always have the Omphalos so it didn't cross my mind to explicitly state it from the get-go. Live & learn, I guess.

As for mobility, it's perhaps not the most important factor in a match based solely on combat, but because of the very tactical nature of the game, it can be a huge asset unless you plan to play purely defensively. Your army wasn't too too bad on mobility with Bellerophon and the Wolves, but Cap would really suffer in this match due to having only move 1 units.
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by JockeZockt Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:34 am

Here's my completed list:

Apollo 4 Activations, 1 AoW
Eurystus (3RP) 4 Activations, 1 AoW
Sisyphus (2RP) 3 Activations, 4 AoW
Orpheus (2RP) 3 Activations, 1 AoW
Icarus (1RP) 4 Activations
Deck composition : 18 Activations, 7+3 AoW

My Build should be mainly do a lot of board controlle. Lot of heavy hitting ranged attacks and with Icarus a Omphalos runner. Orpheus uses Rapture to keep enemy units under controlle in combination with Apollos Lyre. Sisyphus just for the AoW Cards and a decent ranged attack. Eurystus goes great with Apollo.

JockeZockt
JockeZockt
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhalius Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:59 pm

Nice to hear everyone's thoughts behind their picks, the first thing that comes to mind regarding how this would play out is that I foresee a temporary alliance happening.

Persephone greatly hinders all enemy players equally, which makes her a priority target. She has some good defences, especially in the Python but against three armies it would not be enough.

Of course the other armies will attack each other, but I presume they would leave the units alone that are going after Persephone or her Python.

My gues is that Hades will win through a war of attrition. He heals whenever a unit dies and gets a card, and of course he has area attacks that would work wonderfully in a free for all. The Toxotai also provide a nice area attack. With Persephone being more of an immediate threat, I presume that quite a few strong units might be gone from the board before Hades is perceived as the real threat. And by then he can just move to the middle and use that soul culling to mop up everyone, and keep healing from all units that killed while keeping a full hand of cards too since it keeps giving him cards.

I might be completely wrong though, but this is the first scenario I see happening. I don't see an omphalos victory happening too quickly since anyone gaining a lead there would become a target to the three other players. Maybe in the lategame.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Rhalius wrote:Persephone greatly hinders all enemy players equally, which makes her a priority target. She has some good defences, especially in the Python but against three armies it would not be enough.

Of course the other armies will attack each other, but I presume they would leave the units alone that are going after Persephone or her Python.

I hadn't really thought of it that way, but then again, I tend to attract a lot of attention in free for all games where temporary alliances can form. (Anyone here ever play Twilight imperium? I'm that guy who always rushes to the center of the map and everyone ends up attacking at the same time)

I don't think Hades would have as much of a card advantage as you seem to imply, since his Soul Culling would only serve to offset Persephone's discards from Queen of the Underworld.
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap7deuce Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:44 pm

The movement restriction is my biggest weakness. I thought about getting Marsyas instead of hippolyta. Might have been a better choose then the restriction of my movement would not have been that big of a factor. But how long would he truely survive thats why i went with hippolyta in the end.
Cap7deuce
Cap7deuce
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:51 pm

Cap7deuce wrote:The movement restriction is my biggest weakness. I thought about getting Marsyas instead of hippolyta. Might have been a better choose then the restriction of my movement would not have been that big of a factor. But how long would he truely survive thats why i went with hippolyta in the end.

Marsyas would have been a great way for you to lure out Persephone from her defenses and possibly straight into your army. You don't have any blockers though ,so I could have run away pretty easily. Definitely would have slowed me down though.
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:41 pm

I havent thought of temporary alliances yet! But those are great thoughts which could highly influence the value of the armies!
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2