Mythic Battles : Pantheon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those who did not get everything, what did you get and why?

+7
LeiPak
Cryocat
Rhynns
Morten Brandt
Shifare
joebo3001
Rhalius
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

For those who did not get everything, what did you get and why?  Empty For those who did not get everything, what did you get and why?

Post by Rhalius Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:40 pm

Personally I don't have the funds to get everything, so I had to make some tough choices. Naturally those who got everything didnt have to make that choice so I am curious to hear from others who could not get the full package, what they decided to get and why.

I went with the god pledge + oedipus and the sphinx, Hera expansion, heroes of troy and the thermopalae board.

Oedipus and the Sphinx I wanted for three reasons:
-Kickstarter exclusive.
-Both really bring something different and very usefull to the table, new strategic options.
-I bet the three scenarios will be very interesting ones.

Hera expansion was for many reasons.
-More serene maps, not battlefields.
-12(!) scenarios! that's more than any other expansion adds.
-Hera appeals to me more than other expansion gods. Looks great and +2 recruitment points.
-Good mix of great heroes and creatures that offer new strategies.
-The birds are a good exclusive.
I'd rather have different heroes instead of veteran achilles and heracles, but the box offers plenty others and by themselves they are just fine.

Heroes of troy is probably my favorite one.
-While not kickstarter exclusive, it's said that the small expansions are less likely to show up in retail.
-I like heroes, and many iconic ones are in it that I would not want to miss out on.

And lastly, the thermopalae bord is an exclusive and I wanted more maps. A shame that the back is useless without the poseidon expansion, but it does come with a scenario which will no doubt be a lot of fun.

To me the creature and titan focused expansions are just not worth the cost, other expansions with smaller miniatures offer more value for the same money. And I'll get plenty of great beasts and gods with the god pledge and chosen expansions anyways.

So what did you all decide on and why?

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

For those who did not get everything, what did you get and why?  Empty Re: For those who did not get everything, what did you get and why?

Post by joebo3001 Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:57 pm

I was only able to drop $150 by the end of the kick starter. I'm planning on adding the rest of the $500 so I can get the Typhon in the pledge manager.
joebo3001
joebo3001
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

For those who did not get everything, what did you get and why?  Empty Re: For those who did not get everything, what did you get and why?

Post by Shifare Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:23 pm

I am also planning to go all in, with the help of a friend.

Before I made that deal my main focus where the three KS exclusive packs and the Poseidon and Hera expansion.... I would also add the map in there. I guess.

Shifare
Admin

https://mbpantheon.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Morten Brandt Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:22 am

I've gone for eye candy in form of terrain set. The manticore looks like a great sculpt, so that is hard to miss. Termopylae is an extra legendary battlefield, and it will be a laugh to yell Spaarta! and push stuff over the cliffside.
Rise of the titans will bring in the extraordinary divine beings.
Hephaestus has lots of great minis.
Heroes of the Trojan brings more heroes, though not really that needed.
I have a sweet eye for Paolo Parentes alternative sculpts, and I am pretty sure they can be sold off if I want that.

In the end I think I will just go with terrain, Termopylae and the manticore.

Last edited by Morten Brandt on Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Morten Brandt
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifare Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:32 am

I am a big sucker for KsExclusives, so if I couldnt go all in, i would focus on those Smile

Shifare
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhynns Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:57 pm

Shifare wrote:I am a big sucker for KsExclusives, so if I couldnt go all in, i would focus on those Smile

Although I went "All-in". I would agree with the above.
Rhynns
Rhynns
Monster
Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryocat Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:18 pm

I went for the Titan bundle with the plan of buying one of the stats clips bundles in the PM. Also will purchase extra AoW cards if they offer them.

Cryocat
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifare Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:31 pm

I will be going Typhon be cause all the loose stuff I want is around $100 extra anyway, might aswell get a nice artbook, RPG book, a stuffload of dice and a scenario book with it xD!

Shifare
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:42 pm

Cryocat wrote:I went for the Titan bundle with the plan of buying one of the stats clips bundles in the PM. Also will purchase extra AoW cards if they offer them.

I definitely agree to both!
Despite the fact that I didn't really think about AoW cards up to now, I think they could come in handy.
If you got maybe a set of 30 or 40 AoW cards for maybe 10 bucks, that could mean that you might be able to equip two games simultaneously with the core box. Awesome!

I think concerning the Clips, I'll just wait and see what Prices they bring up... I got the 5 Blue ones for the Titans nevertheless.
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:49 pm

So... what did I get?

First of all, obviously the Core Box already has loads and loads of content, no doubt!
I further think that the Core-Box alone has so many different abilities and stuff to choose from, that I didn't go for further expansions because of specific abilities....

Thats why I chose Hera and Hephaistos.

First of all: why not Poseidon? Most of the sculpts from the Poseidon expansion just didn't appeal too much to me, thats why Wink

Hera..:
I love Greyon and the Calydonian Boar! Those two Figures are probably the main reason why! The Symphalian Birds are a nice Add-On however, the Veteran Minis might be considered a let-down. Not too sure if I'll play all those Scenarios at all, but I just couldn't resist this Expansion.

Hephaistos:
Similar to Hera, here my favorite minis are: Prometheus, the Colchis Bull and the Caucausian Eagle! further, I feel like the element of Fire was not too present in the rest of the Core Box, so thats why Wink And: Nice Maps!

All in All I felt like we already have a bunch of Heroes in the Game, thats why I didn't pick the Trojan war one.
The Hells Judges just didn't appeal to me...

I am mainly tempted to keep the Echidnas Children for myself...

I'll see what is going on about the detail next december... I got a Titan All-In up to now and I am planning on selling a bunch of stuff!
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhalius Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:14 pm

For me it was kind of a choice between the Haphaestus expansion and Hera, but overall I just like the sculpts of the Hera expansion more and it has more scenarios. The lava maps seem interesting, and I really want to see that forge map.

Certainly true that there's a lot of heroes in the game, but price wise it does seem to offer more than the other small expansions. Smaller but more sculpts, so more additions to the game. I think there's a scenario in it too which I'm curious about.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:23 pm

I am not getting the books and the clips and the alternative Aphrodite/Circe.

For the rest I do a titan pledge + Ketos + extra core + extra dice pledge.
Probably an extra expansion or two (at least Troy as 3 out of 5 are unique, good units), because I am 100% certain there will be friends that also going to want the game.

Very Happy

Next to that I will add some extra Omphalos, Omphalos cards and AoW cards when available. As most all-in pledgers will have more than enough content to play with 8 people and only need a few of those + dice.

Cryocat wrote:I went for the Titan bundle with the plan of buying one of the stats clips bundles in the PM. Also will purchase extra AoW cards if they offer them.
Don't forget you also need the Ketos mini if you get the titan pledge.
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Caine-HoA Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:47 am

Still thinking about it. So far i only pledged for the core box because i found it to have great value for the money and good game play.

Now of course i would like to get everything but the value for money goes down, it's a lot to spend for a game you didnt play once and i cant throw around with money at the moment.

So sadly i have to decide in january if i can get more. Most favorite candidates to get are any/all of the 4 big expansions.

Posidon has the most stuff in it and a few nice minis. Hera also adds a lot with the campaign and a few nice minis. Hepheisthos has the biggest amount of impressive models. Titans are the titans... i would love to get Typhon only but as it stands i guess i would prefere one of the other bundles if i could get only one.

For the smaller addons i like the tojan war, echidnas children or the compendium (mostly for the scenarios).

Hard decisions to make...

Caine-HoA
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:02 pm

@Everyone not going for titan/typhon: I would seriously consider the Troy box.

It may not have the most or prettiest models but gameplay-wise it brings 3 very good units: Paris, Agamemnon and Diomedes for just $20.
You get Penthesilea and Ajax free with them (not that those are bad, by the way).
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Caine-HoA Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:11 pm

Teowulff wrote:@Everyone not going for titan/typhon: I would seriously consider the Troy box.

It may not have the most or prettiest models but gameplay-wise it brings 3 very good units: Paris, Agamemnon and Diomedes for just $20.
You get Penthesilea and Ajax free with them (not that those are bad, by the way).

The problem with that is that i can find something interesting in every Add-On. Either its models design or abilities that i would want.

Caine-HoA
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:14 pm

Caine-HoA wrote:
Teowulff wrote:@Everyone not going for titan/typhon: I would seriously consider the Troy box.

The problem with that is that i can find something interesting in every Add-On. Either its models design or abilities that i would want.

You are definitely right there!
The gods did a damn good job in hiding small bonbons everywhere Wink
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:00 pm

Caine-HoA wrote:The problem with that is that i can find something interesting in every Add-On. Either its models design or abilities that i would want.
Lol yes .. I would first think what I would like more: pretty sculpts or good gameplay options. What a Face
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Smottz Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:28 pm

I was going to go all-in, but I think I've settled on the following:

$99 Base
$29 Crossover
$59 Poseidon
$18 Manticore
$20 Heroes
$10 Ketos
$10 Map (incl. sea)

TOTAL = $245

With the money saved, I can pick up the Conan retail game and enjoy what amounts to a huge gameplay boost! Cool
Smottz
Smottz
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhalius Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:53 pm

If you think everything looks good and usefull, you can always settle for what would give you the most amount of new troops for your money.

For that, the heroes of the troyan war is perfect since it's five heroes + a scenario for 20 euros.

Of the big box expansions, the Hera expansion seems to have the most units and scenarios.

But when it comes to the three big box expansions (I count titans seperatly since it has no boards) It might be a good idea to count up all the units each box includes that you'd REALLY want to have. Or alternatively count up the ones you don't like.

Hera was my pick, but I did doubt about Haephestus. I'll probably get that one in stores if it gets there, maybe the Poseidon expansion too. Depends on how much the game would be played.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Rhalius wrote:If you think everything looks good and usefull, you can always settle for what would give you the most amount of new troops for your money.

For that, the heroes of the troyan war is perfect since it's five heroes + a scenario for 20 euros.
Of the big box expansions, the Hera expansion seems to have the most units and scenarios.
If I were to pick 3, I think these 2 would be included as well. The 3rd one would be a tough one. I can understand you picked Oedipus because both units are rather special (and KSE).

Poseidon would be somewhere near the bottom of the list, even tough he has a few nice units (Andromeda, Theseus). The water theme and mechanisms just aren't appealing to me. Scenarios are fine - but a few new rules just to cater a specific board of the skirmish game is a wrong choice, in my opinion. Also, sirens, Octoposeidon and Scylla on land are really un-immersive to me.

I think my 3rd choice would be Hephaistos. He brings a few good and unique units, especially now I have reviewed every one of them  Wink  Talos, the Eagle, Pandora, Acamas are rather special. The bull is a nice sculpt - but we have 3 other chragers already.

But well, I would pick them mostly because the units are very unique and strategically useful, not so much for the nice looks.
And don't forget an extra pair of dice so you can play on 2 boards simultanously. Have a small in-house tournament! Wink
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhalius Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:45 am

Same here regarding Poseidon. It just seems to be more its own thing with the water, with most units not fitting well on land.

Haephestus is certainly a nice expansion, though I just don't have the money for that. Also saving up to buy a new computer next year. I presume the game will do well enough for at least the big boxes to be released in stores, so I'll probably try to get it then. Would make a good birthday present. And I'd still have plenty of the game to occupy myself with. Smile

At some point the extra content really feels more like a bonus and not vital to the experience. At least it tends to be like that for me.
Some board games really only come into their own once you add an expansion to it and maybe some more, while others seem to stand just fine on their own.

I do feel that this is the kind of game that needs some extra stuff outside of the base game to truly come into its own and to make the draft less predicteable, though the stretch goals already cover that.

Still, I like to have more scenarios and maps than that and there's also some great characters of greek mythology that I'd really want to be there.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuma Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:23 am

every time i start takeing note of what i'd like to have, i end up with a list somewhere between titan and thyphon.. Very Happy
not sure yet, how i solve this..

i'm a bit a loner, i that i must have the poseidon box.. ship battles/scenarios are just my thing. also i like most of the minis a lot.
the second that is sort of fixed, is the hera box.. seems very versatile to me, and i'm more interested in the campaingns and scenario aspect of the game (besides the minis)

i wouldnt take the hephaistos box tho, dont like the fire minis that much, and just for the nice eagle and mechanical warriors..

more water, so termo map Wink

of the smaller ones i like the sphinx, troy and parente boxes. and the conan crossover of course.

i'm a bit biased about the hell judges.. i dont like the minis (even if they are technicaly very well made), BUT they have so awesome talents...

this is the point, where my defences start crumbling to the temptation of the campaign book.. the terrain set.. maybe a couple of dice..
i bet you see where this is going.

i hope they dont add to much cool stuff in the pm.. happy
Yuma
Yuma
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:29 am

Rhalius wrote:At some point the extra content really feels more like a bonus and not vital to the experience. At least it tends to be like that for me. Some board games really only come into their own once you add an expansion to it and maybe some more, while others seem to stand just fine on their own.
I do feel that this is the kind of game that needs some extra stuff outside of the base game to truly come into its own and to make the draft less predictable, though the stretch goals already cover that.

Still, I like to have more scenarios and maps than that and there's also some great characters of Greek mythology that I'd really want to be there.
Not so sure you really need expansions to let the game shine, to be honest. I think by far the most special characters are already in the base pledge plus stretch goals. Although you miss a few you don't really need them, especially not to have a big enough drafting pool - although I admit that just the core box would feel a bit limited. That you may want more maps to play on - I can imagine; different terrain makes for different tactics.
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:13 am

Teowulff wrote:
Rhalius wrote:At some point the extra content really feels more like a bonus and not vital to the experience. At least it tends to be like that for me. Some board games really only come into their own once you add an expansion to it and maybe some more, while others seem to stand just fine on their own.
I do feel that this is the kind of game that needs some extra stuff outside of the base game to truly come into its own and to make the draft less predictable, though the stretch goals already cover that.

Still, I like to have more scenarios and maps than that and there's also some great characters of Greek mythology that I'd really want to be there.
Not so sure you really need expansions to let the game shine, to be honest. I think by far the most special characters are already in the base pledge plus stretch goals. Although you miss a few you don't really need them, especially not to have a big enough drafting pool - although I admit that just the core box would feel a bit limited. That you may want more maps to play on - I can imagine; different terrain makes for different tactics.

You are probably right there! Most units which are to be found in the expansions have their "equal" unit in the core game. I.e. the Bull has the Minotaur, Greyon has Cerberus or Hydra and so on... You probably know that best as you have written all those fantastic comparisons!

However for me it was mainly about the minis, not about the abilities! And there were just some I couldn't leave behind Very Happy

Yuma wrote:i wouldnt take the hephaistos box tho, dont like the fire minis that much, and just for the nice eagle and mechanical warriors..

It's funny how taste varies Very Happy For me personally I like all the fire minis. The minis I like the least are the mechanical Warriors Very Happy I'll probably never play those Very Happy
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:24 pm

LeiPak wrote:You are probably right there! Most units which are to be found in the expansions have their "equal"  unit in the core game. I.e. the Bull has the Minotaur, Greyon has Cerberus or Hydra and so on...
No no .. Geryon is actually rather unique and very useful! The only unit with adjacent area Guard!  Smile
It's the Chimera that can be roughly compared to Cerberus and Hydra ..

However for me it was mainly about the minis, not about the abilities! And there were just some I couldn't leave behind Very Happy
I can imagine! Although I tend to analyze everything I also have a preference for impressive sculpts.
Having a great sculpt AND great stats is the best combination, though!!!
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum