Mythic Battles : Pantheon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Odysseus : The Late Husband [BG]

4 posters

Go down

Odysseus : The Late Husband [BG] Empty Odysseus : The Late Husband [BG]

Post by Shifare Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:56 am

Odysseus : The Late Husband [BG] 805e7f8af8240c4ccd8b1718c23c1eb4_original

Odysseus : The Late Husband [BG] CPRlZm5oeiWWnP3CGp1IZqAo_Jy-sn8YoTA2kTUyDLDaIMUTD0CL2zqNl3rCk3utsLat1Jx5HjZvUYIk9TQnioSG8oGiKwa9ShMK7NWZZiVWjluvk3itK0BKr4mPaZ3WPlIewayuUC864OV36shyDTnPnqKb-KDTVEukBjr9Tg3F0lkaPUNWYy48hR_rFnIoKKgDIz6g0fsqZxbY7PLxGERPfDSxoFILtfQOWM18bLW1Q6IBaRUPXZrFgBC832EmUN1cykliZtFGQMpCxke2pcC_lqw4iNTjQ9CwYjKQiuOajqnf9zH-lK3vfbH4Tk4biZiaxFRvBSEvV36Ne77w_RwNlmLQoeFHq8QltEsbWG_mmdHVRuf4UpvCdGcdDG0NpMoI8H270gPwf2W4X2UkuAwDWqDvsSsEf4wPnztfnv5AolpoOKgDANaUSwdcobTg_2nXNXTmWMb1ml4wTqxN8UESRRl5RqYOsCwcfs3PT3g63GJ8awo3EXD7RbZyDOYTz7afGiE6kt897TClsFN-2vGpZRTQQYpZfsIEW1CFv8I7BwKjUlzkgGEo54VnHq9i3G3MMSVB7X-9OANzkMrvR05telmo4DausFocI587ER6WADFb=w704-h455-no

Odysseus : The Late Husband [BG] 7f8e2451dc5beb32e09e2903d703bc6d_original

Copyright by Mythic Games – Pictures copied from Kickstarter campaign

Last edited by Shifare on Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

Shifare
Admin

https://mbpantheon.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Odysseus : The Late Husband [BG] Empty Re: Odysseus : The Late Husband [BG]

Post by ARIAKAS Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:42 pm

I love Odysseus, so I could not stand by and watch him being degraded to a background-leader, unable to hold his own ground despite having spent most of his time alone, during the Odyssey.

So I made up a new one - a "Veteran", if you like. You can find it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
ARIAKAS
ARIAKAS
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:42 pm

Like Agamemnon, Odysseus is a Troop booster that brings 3 AoW cards.

Differences:
- At the end of his activation, Agamemnon lets you draw an AoW card, Odysseus lets you draw any card;
- Agamemnon lets you activate TWO other units (for 1 AoW), Odysseus ONE (for free).
- Odysseus has a ranged attack, which makes him a little more combat oriented.

Although similar I think they both have specific uses.

By the way: his first power isn't really worded very well: "you may activate a second unit without using an AoW card". What if he is the second (or third) unit, can he activate another one? Like Agamemnon's skill it should read "If Odysseus is the first unit you activate .. ".
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhalius Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Makes me wonder how well he would work together with Agamemnon and Athena in the same army. There's still room for troops and stronger units after all so its possible to have all of them.

That's a lot of activations.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by ARIAKAS Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:34 pm

Agamemnon and Athena don't work together that well, because they both have abilities, that only work if they are the first unit to be activated in a turn. (Even the same ability, I think).
Well, on the other hand, that means that you get to use that ability more reliably... Maybe not so bad a combination. Hard to judge without having played the game.
ARIAKAS
ARIAKAS
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:56 pm

ARIAKAS wrote:Agamemnon and Athena don't work together that well, because they both have abilities, that only work if they are the first unit to be activated in a turn. (Even the same ability, I think).
Well, on the other hand, that means that you get to use that ability more reliably... Maybe not so bad a combination. Hard to judge without having played the game.
Yes with both of them in your deck you are almost certain you can activate at least one of them every turn.
Just one of them/4 activation cards in a deck of say 30 cards isn't enough to guarantee a triple activation each turn.

But even if you can afford that, where do you get all the necessary activation cards from? Take Hippolyta?

Anyway, this belongs in the Agamemnon/Athena thread ;-)
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhalius Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:37 pm

Hippolyta might work yes. And if your opponent uses a small army of powerfull units he/she would be in serious trouble due to handing you lots of cards whenever they run out.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum