Mythic Battles : Pantheon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The weapons in the Hera expansion, how will you use them?

2 posters

Go down

The weapons in the Hera expansion, how will you use them?  Empty The weapons in the Hera expansion, how will you use them?

Post by Rhalius Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:01 pm

The Hera expansion offers a rather interesting addition in its scenario's: The ability to buy weapons for heroes.

They all cost one RP, and are as following:

-Xiphos, grants the close combat talent.
-Composite bow, grants the archer talent.
-Spear, grants the monster slayer talent.

So what I was thinking about is, how this might also be interesting to use in a skirmish game. The RP cost of 1 is on the card already after all. And it already indicates it can only be used for heroes.

For some heroes it will of course mean more than for others.

Alternatively, it might also be a usefull way to give a slight buff to a hero that never gets used due to being too weak compared to other units of the same cost. As a way to fix an imbalance, one of these weapons could be added free of cost when choosing to recruit them. The card could be put with them to make it clear you get it with their recruitment.
Seems like a good possible house rule.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

The weapons in the Hera expansion, how will you use them?  Empty Re: The weapons in the Hera expansion, how will you use them?

Post by LeiPak Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:00 pm

I thought of furthermore playing games where you would be able to set a gathered Omphalos aside and get one weapon in exchange for that to boost a hero. This would be quite cool I think. That way you could power up your troops during the battle.
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

The weapons in the Hera expansion, how will you use them?  Empty Re: The weapons in the Hera expansion, how will you use them?

Post by Rhalius Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:17 pm

Sounds pretty good to me yes, just means you need something to put on the board but it might not be that hard to find a miniature bow, sword and spear to use for that.

Not sure about exchanging a gathered omphalos for it though considering their worth for victory, but maybe something could be worked out.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down