Mythic Battles : Pantheon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 vs 1 Corebox Mockdraft AGAIN

+2
LeiPak
Cap7deuce
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who has the best army?

1 vs 1 Corebox Mockdraft AGAIN - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%1 vs 1 Corebox Mockdraft AGAIN - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
1 vs 1 Corebox Mockdraft AGAIN - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%1 vs 1 Corebox Mockdraft AGAIN - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 8

1 vs 1 Corebox Mockdraft AGAIN - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 vs 1 Corebox Mockdraft AGAIN

Post by Teowulff Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:42 pm

Fascinating!

I think LeiPak will win in the end. Once Cap7deuce has run through his deck (much faster than LeiPak because of using AoW cards and discarding Sisyphus cards) he will have a handful (literally) of activation cards and some AoW cards. With Hermes and Icarus (who can't evade the Gorgon by the way) he has a good chance to win. Also Cap has to discard more than just Sisyphus cards or let LeiPak draw free cards. Although LeiPak's biggest weakness is the lack of AoW cards to have multiple activations, no matter how many cards he holds.

Really surprising to see that both sides have so little AoW cards. Also, neither side has picked one of the Troop boosters (that bring AoW cards), probably partially because of the enforced flyer theme. I also would have expected one of them to pick Bellerophon; in these circumstances I would seriously have considered him. Flying and 3 AoW. What's not to like?

Thanks for the experiment! I learnt a lot from it!! Smile

Last edited by Teowulff on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

1 vs 1 Corebox Mockdraft AGAIN - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 vs 1 Corebox Mockdraft AGAIN

Post by LeiPak Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:09 pm

Teowulff wrote:Fascinating!

I think LeiPak will win in the end. Once Cap7deuce has run through his deck (much faster than LeiPak because of using AoW cards and discarding Sisyphus cards) he will have a handful (literally) of activation cards and some AoW cards. With Hermes and Icarus he has a good chance to win.

Really surprising to see that both sides have so little AoW cards. Also, neither side has picked one of the Troop boosters (that bring AoW cards), probably partially because of the enforced flyer theme. I also would have expected one of them to pick Bellerophon.

Thanks for the experiment! I learnt a lot from it!! Smile

Thanks for the Feedback! I think that 1 AoW which I have in my deck might indeed be too little...
Initially I planned on taking the Caucausian Eagle but when I wanted to pick this beauty, I remembered that he was from Hephaestus...

I personally didn't pick Bellerophon, as I rather wanted to have two independent units instead of one stronger. Just to be more flexible and hopefully gather the Omphalos a bit faster!

I think the Gorgon might indeed be a pretty good counter, as I might probably only be able to un-petrify one unit... So rather stay away from her Very Happy
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caine-HoA Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:14 pm

One thing to remember is that you can use Omphalos as AoW cards one you got them. So if it turns out you are quick enough you can get at least a few extra.

Caine-HoA
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:19 pm

LeiPak wrote:I personally didn't pick Bellerophon, as I rather wanted to have two independent units instead of one stronger. Just to be more flexible and hopefully gather the Omphalos a bit faster!
Having 2 runners is only useful if you can use them simultanously. Wink  But if you can only activate one unit per turn anyway without AoW cards, may as well take Bellerophon. He also lets you pick an extra activation card for free (basically you can activate him 5 times in a row while you also draw another card each turn), he is a monster slayer, -2 damage, 3 speed (4 while "running") and all his powers are at 0 AoW cost.

I think the Gorgon might indeed be a pretty good counter, as I might probably only be able to un-petrify one unit... So rather stay away from her Very Happy
Well you always have 3 AoW cards to start with so you have 4 in total .. and indeed, every absorbed Omphalos can also be used as AoW card.

LeiPak wrote:Initially I planned on taking the Caucausian Eagle but when I wanted to pick this beauty, I remembered that he was from Hephaestus...
Must say it's hard to think about drafing without expansions .. even though core box + SG have SO many units!  Smile
But yes, the Eagle is one of my all time favourites as well, both the sculpt as its stats. It's a very, very nice unit for 2RP.
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:24 pm

Caine-HoA wrote:One thing to remember is that you can use Omphalos as AoW cards one you got them. So if it turns out you are quick enough you can get at least a few extra.

True enough, but having so few AoW to begin with might make it take a little longer to get that first omphalos. Depends how well each of them play and how lucky they are with their draws.
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap7deuce Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:37 pm

LeiPak wrote:
That was indeed a counter pick i was expecting the flyer theme after youre first pick and needed to be able to catch or lock some of youre units hence the gorgon, was afraid i would not have that option if i passed on him and it fit in nice.
Cap7deuce
Cap7deuce
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap7deuce Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:40 pm

Teowulff wrote: Once Cap7deuce has run through his deck (much faster than LeiPak because of using AoW cards and discarding Sisyphus cards) he will have a handful (literally) of activation cards and some AoW cards. W

Yes this is the biggest danger. I wonder if i have my units placed on the board the right way so he cant get his omphalus run going.
Cap7deuce
Cap7deuce
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:30 pm

Thats probably indeed an interesting game to play once we all got our versions Very Happy
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Morten Brandt Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:25 am

I think LeiPaks draft looks stronger, mobility, flyers and a stronger all-round force. Cap has gone all-in on Atlas, including stealing a flyer. The Nemean lion will be very busy... and certainly it won't be "The lion sleeps tonight".

The lack of LeiPak's AoW makes the choice much harder for me.

In the end I'll vote for LeiPak as Teo mentioned the 3 initial AoW. I'd be more happy with a few more AoW in the deck.

Thanks to both for putting the draft to a test Smile

Morten Brandt
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2