Mythic Battles : Pantheon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Typhon : Terror of the Gods [RTI]

+4
Aquiles10
Cryocat
Teowulff
Shifare
8 posters

Go down

Typhon : Terror of the Gods [RTI] Empty Typhon : Terror of the Gods [RTI]

Post by Shifare Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:49 pm

Typhon : Terror of the Gods [RTI] 03fae792cd52917407c448821b22bf99_originalTyphon : Terror of the Gods [RTI] 2d7b78c71e1ae2ed2f3025de4d09b5c0_original

Typhon : Terror of the Gods [RTI] 0c82308c2bf119df26d444941dfc42e7_originalTyphon : Terror of the Gods [RTI] D1783de534a729db9185ad0ea68b530b_original
Copyright by Mythic Games – Pictures copied from Kickstarter campaign

Shifare
Admin

https://mbpantheon.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Typhon : Terror of the Gods [RTI] Empty Re: Typhon : Terror of the Gods [RTI]

Post by Teowulff Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:39 pm

Typhon's Tempest is its reason for existence. His 10/9 with Torment and Block, 3 Movement and 6 Activations and a pool of 12 Vitality may be the best there is around for a single unit, it still doesn't justify the 10RP he is worth.

His Tempest skill is devestating; it's basically a Charge power like the Boar, Bull, Minotaur and Tityon have, except with 10 instead of 6 attack dice and a range of 3 instead of 2. Probably the most destructive skill in the game - which even pales Zeus' Lightning power.

All that is impossible without AoW cards, though. Without it, he's the tough 10/9 range 1 melee fighter. And he needs A LOT. If he wants to utilize all his potential Tempests he needs 15 more than his initial 3. As he doesn't bring any himself, expect an army of AoW heavy heroes to make up the bulk of his remaining 8 points (in a 1 vs 1). He'd really want Sisyphus and Oedipus, for example, and Agamemnon.
So his AoW cards are his proverbial Achilles' heel. Petrify him, use units that make him discard AoW cards. Cheap units like the Sphinx or Echo will do well against him. Pick Paris, who can mess up his deck and kill his heroes.

Should make for a fun fight!! Very Happy
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryocat Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:21 pm

I would like to see some more pics of this guy, the size is impressive, but I am a bit wary of his face and wings.

Cryocat
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquiles10 Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:13 pm

His Tempest skill is devestating; it's basically a Charge power like the Boar, Bull, Minotaur and Tityon have, except with 10 instead of 6 attack dice and a range of 3 instead of 2

I think its 8 dice, not 10 ,right?
Aquiles10
Aquiles10
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:18 pm

Aquiles10 wrote:
His Tempest skill is devestating; it's basically a Charge power like the Boar, Bull, Minotaur and Tityon have, except with 10 instead of 6 attack dice and a range of 3 instead of 2
I think its 8 dice, not 10, right?
Good find, I missed that!
As it is, in the skill description there's no reference to the 8 power attack as described on the dashboard.
But yes, I think it will be changed into range 3, power X ..
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:58 pm

Teowulff wrote:
Aquiles10 wrote:
I think its 8 dice, not 10, right?
Good find, I missed that!
As it is, in the skill description there's no reference to the 8 power attack as described on the dashboard.
But yes, I think it will be changed into range 3, power X ..

Oops, dashboard needs a bit of a fix it seems... But let's be honest. 8 dice is still ridiculously high for this attack!
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhalius Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:26 pm

We might need to erect a statue in Diomedes his honour at some point since again he seems to be an extremely usefull counter.

He'd be untouched by those powers and talents, just need to provide him with some tough guard units to make him completely untouchable.

And yes I say more than one guard because Typhon can throw them around.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Rhalius wrote:We might need to erect a statue in Diomedes his honour at some point since again he seems to be an extremely usefull counter.

He'd be untouched by those powers and talents, just need to provide him with some tough guard units to make him completely untouchable.

Yeah, thats a pretty cool ides Very Happy
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:35 pm

Furthermore I love the idea of the Tornados which Typhoon can throw across the Board to disrupt any guarding force of the enemy god!
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:57 pm

Rhalius wrote:We might need to erect a statue in Diomedes his honour at some point since again he seems to be an extremely usefull counter.

Here's the thing though... Would Diomedes actually be immune to Typhon's power? That depends if Titans count as gods for the purpose of Diomedes' power.
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:38 pm

MaxC wrote:Here's the thing though... Would Diomedes actually be immune to Typhon's power? That depends if Titans count as gods for the purpose of Diomedes' power.
As far as we have read on the KS forum, everything where it says "Gods" should read "Gods and Titans".
So we can safely assume that Diomedes will laugh away those Typhoons .. Shocked
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:46 pm

Teowulff wrote:
MaxC wrote:Here's the thing though... Would Diomedes actually be immune to Typhon's power? That depends if Titans count as gods for the purpose of Diomedes' power.
As far as we have read on the KS forum, everything where it says "Gods" should read "Gods and Titans".
So we can safely assume that Diomedes will laugh away those Typhoons .. Shocked

I think so too! They stated that Titans count as gods and are treated identically except for the -2 RP.
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by caibre Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:42 pm

Diomedes is nice and all, but his stats are pretty average and he would get annihilated if he got anywhere near Typhon. A 10 die melee/range 1 attack is just death.

caibre
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:06 pm

Yeah, but that's probably what a Titan as Typhoon is for... causing trouble and death! Wink
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhalius Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:14 pm

Thats why I said he needs guards. Some tough meatshields might be important when dealing with Typhon anyways.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:37 pm

caibre wrote:Diomedes is nice and all, but his stats are pretty average and he would get annihilated if he got anywhere near Typhon. A 10 die melee/range 1 attack is just death.
Yup. Diomedes needs AoW cards and preferably some companions (preferably Troops) to keep him going. It's definitely going to be tough to keep them close with Typhon's Tornado's flying around and bumping your units left and right. Although: the tornado can only be summoned at the end of Typhon's activation, so after his attacks. Meaning Diomedes can take advantage of Phalanx and Guarding Toops before they're swept away from his area. Next to that, Diomedes has all the Troops boosters so he can bolster them for an extra 3-5 dice attack, even for free when the Typhon player has no activation card that turn to blow away the Troops around Diomedes.
On the other hand, Diomedes may also use a good Guard like Geryon or the steadfast Campe.

Another thing to consider is that the Diomedes player has 4 more RP to recruit assistance, hopefully some that bring AoW cards and/or have some good (ranged?) attacks themselves (as Typhon has flying - and thus Evade). Diomedes' weakness vs Typhon is that he needs AoW cards in order to do some decent damage.
It wil also depend on the God on Diomedes' side; for instance Athena or Persephone seem good choices, or a hero as Agamemnon. Or Apollo/Athena for their ranged attack.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to this fight! Razz
Just hope the Typhon player doesn't pick Diomedes on a God kill strategy.
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquiles10 Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:06 pm

The most amazing mini i have ever seen.

I think they got to excited about his stats.If they could have asked my opinion about the stats, i would have recommend 4 activation. 1AoW and movement 2.
I cant really picture Typhon (specially seeing the mini) with 6 activation and flying 3 movement creature. and Tempest would impact 2 areas aswell.

They got a bit crazy with Typhon Razz

Probably to counter draft him, ull need to pick up Sisiphus (to deny him AoW cards)  and then Sb who can petrify him and also maybe Echo to make him spend more AoW cards.
But really with 6 activations... u only need to move and attack in the noemal way. It's Brutal.
Aquiles10
Aquiles10
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down