Mythic Battles : Pantheon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Toxotai [BG KSE]

+2
Rhalius
Shifare
6 posters

Go down

The Toxotai [BG KSE] Empty The Toxotai [BG KSE]

Post by Shifare Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:21 am

The Toxotai [BG KSE] Bb93c4b1d6b51313696d755b5b5cdaff_original

The Toxotai [BG KSE] 55dc8c79c4367f92d4c0b38502bca92d_original

Copyright by Mythic Games – Pictures copied from Kickstarter campaign

Shifare
Admin

https://mbpantheon.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

The Toxotai [BG KSE] Empty Re: The Toxotai [BG KSE]

Post by Rhalius Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:16 pm

Pretty solid support unit, especially with bolster.

Due to their 2 range they can keep a reasonable distance and would not be seen as the immediate threat. Area attack further increases their usefullness.

They also look amazing, I find it strange that such a stalwart unit is a kickstarter exclusive considering how popular they will be for scenarios.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:28 pm

These guys will be great to use with Eurytus for the bonus range attack. Area attack is also great for a troop.
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Rhalius wrote:Due to their 2 range they can keep a reasonable distance and would not be seen as the immediate threat. Area attack further increases their usefullness.

They also look amazing, I find it strange that such a stalwart unit is a kickstarter exclusive considering how popular they will be for scenarios.
Yup, if you hand out KSE units it's best not to make them that good or unique. But Monolith decided otherwise with Hecate, Persephone, Bellerophon, Minos and such. Really surprising! And these Toxotai ..

MaxC wrote:These guys will be great to use with Eurytus for the bonus range attack. Area attack is also great for a troop.
Well, why especially Eurytus? Every unit with Bolster will basically boost them with a +1 attack?

And yea .. a 4 ranged area attack/5 when bolstered is quite good for a recallable Troops unit!
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:57 pm

Teowulff wrote:
Well, why especially Eurytus? Every unit with Bolster will basically boost them with a +1 attack?

And yea .. a 4 ranged area attack/5 when bolstered is quite good for a recallable Troops unit!

Yeah ,I guess his power would need to be reworked since it's just a weaker version of Bolster... Or perhaps bonuses from different sources should stack! Really, that no stacking rule is a little odd to me, especially since very few bonuses are more than +1.
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:11 pm

MaxC wrote:Yeah ,I guess his power would need to be reworked since it's just a weaker version of Bolster... Or perhaps bonuses from different sources should stack! Really, that no stacking rule is a little odd to me, especially since very few bonuses are more than +1.
I think it's too late to reconsider this. With some extra boosts you could get +2 or +3 attack, which would make Troops very strong.
There's way too much units with Bolster now - and Climb would be a lot more powerful when combined with Bolster.
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:30 pm

They should be able to knock some of your opponents decisions out of his head or at least let him suffer if he hasn't accounted for those guys Wink
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:42 pm

Teowulff wrote:
MaxC wrote:Yeah ,I guess his power would need to be reworked since it's just a weaker version of Bolster... Or perhaps bonuses from different sources should stack! Really, that no stacking rule is a little odd to me, especially since very few bonuses are more than +1.
I think it's too late to reconsider this. With some extra boosts you could get +2 or +3 attack, which would make Troops very strong.
There's way too much units with Bolster now - and Climb would be a lot more powerful when combined with Bolster.

I understand that it's too late to completely change the games mechanics, but that problem would largely be solved by allowing bonuses from different sources to stack. For instance, troops would still only get +1 from Bolster even if multiple heroes in their area have that talent, but they'd get an additional +1 from other abilities, like Eurytus' power. Just a thought. As it stands, Eurytus' power is still useful for heroes/gods/monsters but pretty terrible when it comes to troops.
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhalius Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:45 pm

A good rule could be that units could get their stats boosted from one source of talents, and one source of power.

That way it could not be more than +2 most likely.

If a troop is in an area with two heroes that each provide bolster, it would only count once. If they are in there with two heroes that have a power that would boost them (not a talent) it could also only work once.
So then you'd have to combine two.

Still creates a danger when you put many troops together, due to area attacks.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Morten Brandt Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:07 am

Can you reference rulebook page for rule of stacking, please?

Morten Brandt
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:03 am

Morten Brandt wrote:Can you reference rulebook page for rule of stacking, please?
p.18: If multiple Talents or Powers grant a bonus to the
same characteristic, only the Talent or Power with the
greatest modifier is applied
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:55 am

Teowulff wrote:
Morten Brandt wrote:Can you reference rulebook page for rule of stacking, please?
p.18: If multiple Talents or Powers grant a bonus to the
same characteristic, only the Talent or Power with the
greatest modifier is applied

I think, these rules should be rephrased. What about the situation in which a friendly unit gets some buff through another friendly unit and at the same time gets a debuff through an opposing unit? Which would be the greatest modifier?
I think "A Unit may only be awarded Bonuses through Talents and Powers once per Talent or Power. I.e. Two heroes with Bolster won't boost the same troop, but if that troop was to be in the area of another hero, who by the description of his powers boosts the troop, indeed bolster and the power would be applied."

Didn't QW specify once that that rule was to be used for powers and talents "from the same source" or something similar?
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum