Mythic Battles : Pantheon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polyphemus : Tender of Sheeps [POS]

5 posters

Go down

Polyphemus : Tender of Sheeps [POS] Empty Polyphemus : Tender of Sheeps [POS]

Post by Shifare Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:04 am

Polyphemus : Tender of Sheeps [POS] A19118730bd16d687df68039eeb800f4_original

Polyphemus : Tender of Sheeps [POS] 93095ea2e5228245ad8287f44f4b4eec_original

Polyphemus : Tender of Sheeps [POS] 9387248fd81bad1e6497ab2d4f74388b_original

Polyphemus : Tender of Sheeps [POS] 534fe83e913c4bf29d3b07eae2b5cd69_original
Copyright by Mythic Games – Pictures copied from Kickstarter campaign

Shifare
Admin

https://mbpantheon.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Polyphemus : Tender of Sheeps [POS] Empty Re: Polyphemus : Tender of Sheeps [POS]

Post by Teowulff Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:25 pm

"In the land of the blind ... " He is Gem Collector - but not really fast so he may attract some unwanted attention. So he shakes it off and throw it away with a free Mighty Throw. Nice. He also gets an improved Force of Nature as power.

For the rest he's pretty standard. 10 Vitality is very nice and 1 Range can be advantagous.
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Polyphemus : Tender of Sheeps [POS] Empty Re: Polyphemus : Tender of Sheeps [POS]

Post by MaxC Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:00 am

1) Attack enemy Omphalos carrier
2) Throw for free, making them drop the goods
3) Grab Omphalos thanks to Gem Collector

Polyphemus must be really cool in naval battles, being able to throw land units off their ships for free.
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhalius Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:13 am

He seems pretty solid and usefull yes, though dedicated gem collectors tend to be faster than him so he might not reach them to throw them away.

Not a fan of his appearance at all, but I gues he is one of those units where people are very split on. I gues it makes sense when linked to this games version of Poseidon, but this does not exactly look like someone who herds sheep which he is very much known for.

He and Poseidon together are probably my least favorite sculpts. Well Minos too I suppose, but being an exclusive to kickstarter he won't show up that much.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:21 pm

You have to remember that the board is not all that big. The enemy's fastest runners will probably be trying to grab Omphalos that are closer to your deplyment zone so that you can't grab them. That's when you come in with a big guy an tell them to stay off your land Wink
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Telgar Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:56 am

About the mini : I actually like the alien feeling we have with Poseidon and his son. They will probably be more green after I paint them compared to the artwork.
I like the muscled body, the easy-to-paint eye (for once) and the anchor.
Not a fan of the skull.
Telgar
Telgar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Telgar Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:08 am

Teowulff wrote:He also gets an improved Force of Nature as power.

I wouldn't call it improved.
With Force of Nature, it would have been 9-dice, range 2 and free.

There it is a 1AoW power with 7-dice and range 3.
I am guessing that range is more useful on water maps as there is no LOS blocking areas.

...so no we've got Herculean/Titanic/Cyclopean Strength !
Telgar
Telgar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Telgar Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:10 am

I just realized that the unit is great for stopping Omphalos (and sheep) thieves !
Range 3 and automatic Mighty Throw !
Telgar
Telgar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Telgar Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:00 pm

Without the (1 A0W costly) range 3 attack, Polyphemus is still very good at protecting the Omphalos field.
Judging by the PnP, we can see that Omphalos are placed together in the Center. So the ideal platement for him is in the center, protecting one Omphalos (with Block) and threatening 3 more areas with Omphalos (with range 1 and mighty throw).

I believe there is no rule against having several Omphalos in one area. So Polyphemus could gather them like a sheep flock in his own area (one simple action to grab an omphalos from an adjacent are, one free action to drop it). You cannot however perform the same action twice, so he cannot gather 2 Omphalos on the same turn.

He is just missing "Guard" in order to protect his god while he is absorbing Omphalos Rolling Eyes
Telgar
Telgar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum