Mythic Battles : Pantheon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hydra : Swamp Thing [BG]

+4
MaxC
Rhalius
Teowulff
Shifare
8 posters

Go down

Hydra : Swamp Thing [BG] Empty Hydra : Swamp Thing [BG]

Post by Shifare Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:06 pm

Hydra : Swamp Thing [BG] 8d5321a8b8f6173d1927c78b3a6a7d78_original

Hydra : Swamp Thing [BG] Ydy-sPKhuxmRE7A1hd7SqnBh8_PDSLFDrcV1dqZj9rmrmdwNASdLM7uy42xUFfYOBKaEhGENn8N63fItsISKeKqMfFjdLIB4Dbu2VNQww5-T9bH20lvGa3YcYtqt2KUfJFI1yhIVURwxDNRwdBz6MVMAF1dXF6alUHgeCLK2wyECMC67mdMMCScwH5UHtEZkuRLJWn7Y_97o-2AuBJaJ0n0L0dgpGO6uJXb_P5iMHkO9zxStn16AuU0yHAWAp4y2EAhJjxMR9-4pNAc38jrqNTeKqGwG7e6AW0nbVPrC2woz4DKGtDwBd7DJ6QKhaVqZgJytD4KFGrLt3SiQcdEBJ1Fsv5V4u9lGqOUrY3S-sO3PBVojCqXllOR6s44GnYrzo7dEw9LclKl9faKRJ-bqOQZAXV8lVoa-Uh7GhuUk-513tas0E34iyeKwFa0TT0__sSntWH_iLWqV-poPYXe_MTQyQfHTmheixeD4Gnn4iwkAL1KEuxvjgPx6mlkG2_npXBIbz4KuMLDmz62s8R_e-fZmfkDyVh3hv5W-fsryvk131DBw1tSWc4DRGbSp5IC49lWmUw_TQrc9Ad5uTG67hvuOgfW_gViihqA-3Lp2S8kVgn8g=w704-h455-no
Copyright by Mythic Games – Pictures copied from Kickstarter campaign

Shifare
Admin

https://mbpantheon.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Hydra : Swamp Thing [BG] Empty Re: Hydra : Swamp Thing [BG]

Post by Teowulff Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:22 pm

One of the four 4RP area attack monsters (Cerberus, Hydra, Ladon and Chimera).

8 8 0 2 10 Cerberus
7 7 1 1 10 Hydra
8 8 0 2 8 (fly) Chimera
8 8 1 2 9 Ladon

Where Cerberus is more of a fierce guardian with 2 attacks and the Chimera is a flying unit that doens't see a difference between friendly and enemy units, the Hydra is the survivable one. His 5 dice area attack isn't as expensive (although no doubt subject to change, probably will be 2 AoW) and "targets all enemy units within the Hydra's range". Which actually is a pretty large part of the map, as the Hydra has a 1 range. Compared to the rather mobile Chimera and Cerberus, the Hydra is slower but has a wider range. Ladon has the same skill as the Hydra and is very defensive with its 100 Bites. On top of that Ladon can climb - so can potentially do its area attack over a HUGE range 2 area.

Hydra's 7/7 may seem below the 8/8 the similar monsters but the Tormet talent (enemy's defense -1) makes more than up for it. And even if the hydra starts of with a solid 10 vitality, it recovers one point at the end of its activation.

Very sturdy monster.

Last edited by Teowulff on Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhalius Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:43 pm

That vitality recovery might get pretty strong when using few units, small deck. And he seems usefull enough to be part of a small deck.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:52 am

I've used the Hydra in a few demo games and let me tell you... It's awesome! 5 dice may seem a little low on the aoe, but most of the time the entire opposing force will be within range, which means you'll be rolling a whole lot of dice. Mighty Throw and Block means you also have a chance of throwing a non-Block unit into the Hydra's zone to lock it down, which is super fun. This power will be even more devastating on Minos' Palace, since the elevated part extends range.
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:08 pm

MaxC wrote:I've used the Hydra in a few demo games and let me tell you... It's awesome! 5 dice may seem a little low on the aoe, but most of the time the entire opposing force will be within range, which means you'll be rolling a whole lot of dice. Mighty Throw and Block means you also have a chance of throwing a non-Block unit into the Hydra's zone to lock it down, which is super fun. This power will be even more devastating on Minos' Palace, since the elevated part extends range.

Sounds great, thanks for the info from someone who has indeed already played the game!
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by joebo3001 Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:24 am

I've played a few of the PnP games and let me tell you, once someone finds out how devastating the Hydras AoE attack is, you have to shut it down or spread your warband really thin to try and keep it from hitting more than 3 at a time.
joebo3001
joebo3001
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by caibre Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:37 am

BTW, I believe they confirmed that it is supposed to be aquatic.

caibre
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:57 am

caibre wrote:BTW, I believe they confirmed that it is supposed to be aquatic.

Yes, that was confirmed.
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Telgar Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:26 pm

About the mini : the photo of the painted mini here seems awesome. I believe the mini will be massive on the board but we will unfortunately see mostly its back.
Very cool. I would love to be able to render it as nicely.
Telgar
Telgar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Telgar Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:32 pm

Teowulff wrote:His 5 dice area attack isn't as expensive (although no doubt subject to change, probably will be 2 AoW)

Really ? Was there a comment stating this ?
I am a bit surprised that one of the core unit (so one that should have been tested extensively) is going through a change now.
But it's true that looking at the Olympus map, you can see that from a central spot, you have six adjacent area so the attack can target enemies (only) in 7 areas
Telgar
Telgar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Telgar Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:46 pm

Stat analysis:

4 RPs, 4 AC, 7 att/def, move 1, 10 vit : so basically slower, and less defense than other 4RPs. Her 7-dice attack + torment is probably more powerful than 8-dice.

Mighty Throw & Block : cool combo as you can gather enemies in your area to block them.
10vit + Regenerate : I would say that you won't regenerate using the first 2 activations. But after that it's a potential 1vit/AC. So I would say 2 during first deck and approximately 4 after that. So the enemy is looking at a 16 damage unit ! It can really soak a lot of punishment !
Onslaught : it is really a great power for the cost. The damage will be limited with 5-dice (+Torment) but Mighty Throw means you are controlling a whole part of the board !

No subtility with this unit: send it to the middle of your opponent army and wreak havok ! It can survive pretty well the backlash and your opponent will have to spend a lot of efforts to get rid of it.
Telgar
Telgar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:44 pm

Telgar wrote:Stat analysis:

4 RPs, 4 AC, 7 att/def, move 1, 10 vit : so basically slower, and less defense than other 4RPs. Her 7-dice attack + torment is probably more powerful than 8-dice.

Mighty Throw & Block : cool combo as you can gather enemies in your area to block them.
10vit + Regenerate : I would say that you won't regenerate using the first 2 activations. But after that it's a potential 1vit/AC. So I would say 2 during first deck and approximately 4 after that. So the enemy is looking at a 16 damage unit ! It can really soak a lot of punishment !
Onslaught : it is really a great power for the cost. The damage will be limited with 5-dice (+Torment) but Mighty Throw means you are controlling a whole part of the board !

No subtility with this unit: send it to the middle of your opponent army and wreak havok ! It can survive pretty well the backlash and your opponent will have to spend a lot of efforts to get rid of it.

Haha yeah, that seems to indeed be the case!
No subtle considering how to play the Hydra cause it causes trouble and devastation as soon as it is near the enemy!
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum