Mythic Battles : Pantheon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple tiles

4 posters

Go down

Multiple tiles Empty Multiple tiles

Post by GreenDiablo Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:20 pm

Hello everyone, I am here to retell some of what I have experienced as my first play through. I noticed a theme my opponent had when drafting....he drafted everyone he could that had a movement speed of 2. I thought this was odd that he didn't prioritize the AoW cards or block talent. I ended up having to play catch up the whole game due to him being able to move so much further than I could. He would sprint to the first omphalos and then next turn pick it up. Activate his god who had block, Zeus. I got trampled. Any idea how to stop this from happening again? Other than trying to draft more 2 move characters?

GreenDiablo
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Multiple tiles Empty Re: Multiple tiles

Post by caibre Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:24 am

You should be starting with most of your units within 2 spaces of omphalos. That means any unit can get to the omphalos with a run action. The Minotaur can stay within striking distance of several omphalos and knock aside any enemy that walks towards an omphalos.

Also, not taking any of the good 2 movement units would be a mistake. Having some mobility at your disposal is very useful.

caibre
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:58 am

Counter-drafting is important. If you see your opponent take a lot of the same kind of unit, you want to either pick some units of that type so he can't hog all of them, or pick units that will specifically counter the strength of your enemy's units. In this instance, seeing him pick highly mobile pieces, you could have tried getting units that restrict movement (Block, Petrify) or perhaps some ranged units so you wouldn't have to run after his guys with your slow-moving melee units.

During the game, if your opponent getting to the Omphalos much faster than you, consider going for the god kill. If there's no way you can catch up on Omphalos absorbtion, then you have to put some pressure on his god so he can't just keep absorbing without risking his life, plus you'll probably have better chances to win that way than to try and play the Omphalos game while he has a head start.

Hope that helps a little in your next game, and may the gods be with you.
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenDiablo Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:28 pm

I guess I wasn't thinking clearly. I basically had to use my run action to get to the omphalos but by then he used his 2 movement and already picked it up. Next time I will draft smarter for sure. Thanks

GreenDiablo
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:59 am

It can be hard to know exactly what the best pick is when you don't know the units all that well... That's the main reason why I like analyzing the units in a theoretical sense, so I have a better understanding of them when I eventually do get to use them, and so I can pass that knowledge on to other people here on the forum and help them out too.
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Elder Bastidas Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:09 am

Hello GreenDiablo, as MaxC said, the God kill was your best shot because Zeus was his wall,

I guess your opponent chose Zeus + Cerberus + Centaurs/Hellhounds + Heracles + Medusa ¿ all with 2 movement ... but what did you choose and when you realized your opponent was for the Omphalos grab strategy ¿

Elder Bastidas
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum