Mythic Battles : Pantheon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"New Sea Map" [THE]

5 posters

Go down

"New Sea Map" [THE] Empty "New Sea Map" [THE]

Post by LeiPak Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:11 pm

Mythic Games wrote:[...]So, having planned [the expansion] in advance, we asked our board artist, George Clarenko, to paint our open sea board at twice the width. One half we used for the sea board in the Poseidon expansion; the other half we use here for the flip side of Thermopylae. This means that you can put the two sea boards next to each other to form a double-size area for really big sea battles! And, because they were originally one piece of art, they fit together perfectly.

However, for this Map only "non-detailed" Artwork is provided up to now, which shows the use together with the Poseidon Sea Map:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Artwork for this Map is done by: Georges Clarenko

Artwork and Pictures taken from the MB:P Kickstarter Campain.
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

"New Sea Map" [THE] Empty Re: "New Sea Map" [THE]

Post by Telgar Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:56 pm

QW mentioned that using 2 maps side-by-side was not a good idea because the movement capabilities of the units will become unbalanced. (understanding the RP-cost is no longer appropriate)
However, using 2 sea maps can be done as movements will be different : aquatic unit gain a movement boost and terrestrial units are using boats. First time flyers will be less interesting Shocked
Telgar
Telgar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jorge Castro Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:45 pm

Well, with a total of 21 aquatic/flying units (60RP?) in the game... maybe boats are not all that necessary for a 2 player game at all.

Jorge Castro
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhalius Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:27 pm

It bothers me though that this second water map is completely useless without the Poseidon expansion.

I do want to get it because the Thermopalae map and its scenario seem very cool to have, but still I would have prefered something more useable for the other side.

Like maybe a city docks or such, that way it would still give more water but land as well.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuma Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:11 am

i'm still a fan of the two water maps, ships and stuff you know ..
but that aside i think your right, that something should be done. but rather than make a fixed layout, i would vote for overlays.
the watermaps looked like the will have more even-shaped spaces. that would make it simpler to make a punchboard (or two) with some different sized islands and a couple of coastal overlays. i think that would be nice for all player-"factions".
Yuma
Yuma
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum