Copyright by Mythic Games – Pictures copied from Kickstarter campaign

Last edited by Shifare on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Shifare
Admin

View user profile http://mbpantheon.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Circe : The Beast Maker [BG/PSP]

Post by Teowulff on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:50 am

One of the "wipe one unit of troops" units in the game.
I don't see anything special that makes recruiting her worth the 2RP.
Teowulff
God
God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifare on Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:39 pm

With her you recruit the wolves (or pigs) for free. That is a nice bonus.

Shifare
Admin

View user profile http://mbpantheon.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhalius on Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:04 pm

Seems pretty usefull to help destroy a god's defence by taking away troops that give protection. And with it she would instantly have her wolves at her location to protect her as well.

Rhalius
God
God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgile Eligriv on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:46 pm

This is the alternative dashboard for Circe :

You can find all dashboards in one album here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Virgile Eligriv
Troop
Troop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:01 pm

Although her sculp and her wolves are very nice, I'm not really that happy with Circe's powers.

Yes she is only 2RP and brings a troop. Sure, she may be 5/7 with a unit in her area - and she may have Bolster to make her wolves 5/7 when complete and in her area. But she doesn't have Leader to freely search a card and activate them. Meaning you must have Activations for both to utilize them. Still, that gives her the best defense for any RP2 unit as her woves have guard (on her).

For her second power she is rather dependent on her opponent having troops around. Also, she only has movement 1 so she takes a while to get into range of any enemy troops (unless she sprints for a few turns). Once she arrives at the scene though I see her do things like destroying Troops on a hill in an adjacent area or destroy a unit of flying Troops.

There's potential in this Heroine and her wolves, but I think it will prove complicated to pull it off.
Teowulff
God
God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:10 pm

Teowulff wrote:Although her sculp and her wolves are very nice, I'm not really that happy with Circe's powers.

Yes she is only 2RP and brings a troop. Sure, she may be 5/7 with a unit in her area - and she may have Bolster to make her wolves 5/7 when complete and in her area. But she doesn't have Leader to freely search a card and activate them. Meaning you must have Activations for both to utilize them. Still, that gives her the best defense for any RP2 unit as her woves have guard (on her).

For her second power she is rather dependent on her opponent having troops around. Also, she only has movement 1 so she takes a while to get into range of any enemy troops (unless she sprints for a few turns). Once she arrives at the scene though I see her do things like destroying Troops on a hill in an adjacent area or destroy a unit of flying Troops.

There's potential in this Heroine and her wolves, but I think it will prove complicated to pull it off.

Interesting thoughts! Rather critical.. We'll have to see how she works out Very Happy
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:21 pm

Move 1 isn't that much of a handicap if you consider the deployment zones are at most 3-4 spaces appart. Actually, if you haven't had a chance to take a good look at the Olympus map, go to the p&p files and check it out. In one spot, the deployment zones are only 1 area appart! If you wanted, you could throw Circe into your enemy's deploy zone on turn 2 and prevent them from spawning troops on about half of that map edge. That sounds to me like a good way to force your opponent to rethink their strategy.

My main concern is she has Close Protection and Sneak Attack (CP-SA ?) when Phalanx would suffice with her wolves. I'd love to see her have some other talent, like Leader for her wolves or maybe Torment.

We should also remember that since she comes with a free troop, it's almost like we're getting a 1RP troop + a 1RP hero to support it.
MaxC
Hero
Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top