Mythic Battles : Pantheon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaia : Mother Earth [RTI]

5 posters

Go down

Gaia : Mother Earth [RTI] Empty Gaia : Mother Earth [RTI]

Post by Shifare Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:49 pm

Gaia : Mother Earth [RTI] 954a2e3794d4a231ebb7e6b63801ca91_original

Gaia : Mother Earth [RTI] 56f2e31d07efd7a6d507834fba2dcbf5_original

Gaia : Mother Earth [RTI] E80c6dabf5d169113fa1c148040e19a3_original

Gaia : Mother Earth [RTI] 29535190ef3f06488247354495d8c93e_original
Copyright by Mythic Games – Pictures copied from Kickstarter campaign

Shifare
Admin

https://mbpantheon.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Gaia : Mother Earth [RTI] Empty Re: Gaia : Mother Earth [RTI]

Post by Teowulff Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:17 pm

"Spread the glue" is probably Gaia's favourite saying ... Laughing

Gaia definitely is an interesting and unique unit. Het powers are twofold: rooting and regenerating. A very tough nut (or tree) to crack. Running Omphalos won't be that easy either with all the root tokens lying around. On the other hand, a player choosing Gaia may have a better than average chance of running Omphalos. Unless you are facing Hermes, who can simply ignore her roots.

Still, Gaia isn't all that strong. She only has 4 activations (like most titans and Gods) so she can't spread the roots and regeneration that fast. Unlike web or chain tokens, her roots are fairly easy to destroy, even by Troops units or area and ranged attacks - if you can activate enough units.
She's also the only titan with two troops boosting talents and has Block, so her personal damage output is actually limited to her melee attacks, which aren't any better than those of a 4RP monster.

Take away her roots and Gaia is actually quite harmless. Key to beating her would seem a lot of activations, so Athena or Agamemnon with their triple activations and abundance of AoW cards. If Gaia's player places units on the roots, do area attacks as she probably fields at least 1 unit of Troops. And bring a flyer or two, as they seem to be immune to the rooting effect. The obligatory Diomedes that can ignore the roots. As is Hermes, he is immune to the roots and can happily walk through the roots to get an Omphalos. The Manticore an Chimera can even do both: fly and do area attacks.
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Telgar Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:57 pm

About the mini : Gaia is one of the few mini to have some terrain on the base (nice). It looks like the sculpt is adding some nasty fangs to her mouth. I prefer the artwork without. The concept of adding a dress is ridiculous but I can live with it. I very much like the tree roots all over her body.
Telgar
Telgar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Telgar Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:07 pm

I initially decided that Gaia was my favorite Titan. Paying close attention to the powers I am not so sure...

4AC, 8Att/9Def : on par with major gods but weaker than other Titans.

With her Powers, Gaia is a unit to move on the center of the board : she can plant her roots and recover from the attacks.
Roots are nice : enemy units end their turn here, which means it takes them 2 activations to kill the roots. However, as they are not very resilient (I guess any attack will remove the root), any range attack can remove them.
The counterdraft of Gaia is flying units (as for Atlas).

Unfortunately, I don't see picking Gaia for -2RP as a good deal.
Telgar
Telgar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryocat Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:05 pm

I agree, the fangs are a bit much on this sculpt, would of preferred more in line with the artwork

Cryocat
Troop
Troop

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhalius Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:54 pm

Not really a fan of the sculpt at all, those chains make no sense.

I thought Gaia was always depicted as a beautifull woman, some sort of druid. I don't really get why they make most titans so monstrous. It's not how they look in the stories at all.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down