Mythic Battles : Pantheon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geryon : The Ultimate Guard [HER]

+2
Rhalius
Shifare
6 posters

Go down

Geryon : The Ultimate Guard [HER] Empty Geryon : The Ultimate Guard [HER]

Post by Shifare Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:00 am

Geryon : The Ultimate Guard [HER] B17733d252073f9f8c571bdf11161751_original

Geryon : The Ultimate Guard [HER] 50342556e0bd79358bdf1807a0a2f2ae_original

Geryon : The Ultimate Guard [HER] 17328d71431552366776d8d9f667d8a0_original

Geryon : The Ultimate Guard [HER] Dc6082293440fd0864a587529c2d0e10_original

Copyright by Mythic Games – Pictures copied from Kickstarter campaign

Last edited by Shifare on Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shifare
Admin

https://mbpantheon.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Geryon : The Ultimate Guard [HER] Empty Re: Geryon : The Ultimate Guard [HER]

Post by Rhalius Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:35 pm

That three headed ability combined with mighty throw seems very good, especially since he has an attack of 8, and an ally might be able to boost it to 9.

He could really clear out an area, tossing everyone out of it and maybe into water or lava depending on the board. He'd probably be my first pick on boards with lots of lava.

I wonder if his force of nature ability may also be used for those three attacks though, since its area attacks

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:17 pm

Nice sculpt, although he looks more like a Treant or Treefolk than what his artwork suggests ..

His 8/8 and ability to redirect attacks to himself, even in adjacent areas, makes him a great if not ultimate bodyguard! He can throw trees, ruins and enemies around the board. Pretty impressive! Very Happy

He also is a good "line breaker"; although it's a costly 2 AoW ability, his area attack (3 targets) with 8 dice each can be devestating.
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhalius Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:45 pm

He will be a great companion for Hecate, Together they can hold three conversations at once while they go for a walk with their dog Cerberus. Smile

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:03 pm

This guy is a slightly more defensive Cerberus. Their statlines are similar, but Geryon has a better guarding ability. This comes at a tradeoff to his lack of "true" aoe attack. His trple attack is more powerful, but also costs an extra 2 AoW.

Geryon will most likely be worth the 4 points even if you can never afford his triple attack, simply as a glorified guard. On the other hand, if you want a monster that does close to the same job but is less dependant on AoW, Cerberus may be a better pick.
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:25 pm

MaxC wrote:This guy is a slightly more defensive Cerberus. Their statlines are similar, but Geryon has a better guarding ability. This comes at a tradeoff to his lack of "true" aoe attack. His trple attack is more powerful, but also costs an extra 2 AoW.

Geryon will most likely be worth the 4 points even if you can never afford his triple attack, simply as a glorified guard. On the other hand, if you want a monster that does close to the same job but is less dependant on AoW, Cerberus may be a better pick.
I think his two unique selling points are:
1. Area Guard. If he guards a unit and gets moved by "Mighty Throw" (which is only 1 area) he can still Guard the unit. It's very difficult to stop him from protecting - and this makes him the most reliable Guardian (together with Campe, but she's weaker).
2. His 3-target attack. With range 1 he can pick 3 different targets from different areas and can attack them all at full strength. A bit of a quality versus quantity multi-attack.

For the rest Talos is a lot harder a nut to crack (10 defense!!) as bodyGuard - and can do a lot more damage.

Last edited by Teowulff on Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:37 pm

Absolutely. Those points really make him great at what he does. However, 2 AoW can be a really prohibitive cost for an attack in certain armies, especially if you're facing an opponent who loves to make you waste your cards (Aphrodite, Hecate to name a few).
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Teowulff Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:12 pm

MaxC wrote:Absolutely. Those points really make him great at what he does. However, 2 AoW can be a really prohibitive cost for an attack in certain armies, especially if you're facing an opponent who loves to make you waste your cards (Aphrodite, Hecate to name a few).
On the other hand, Geryon can attack all Aphrodite's defenders without attacking herself.
Also he can avoid attacking monsters boosted by the Graeae and destroy the Troops and Heroes on the same tile.
Teowulff
Teowulff
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxC Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:29 pm

Fair point. It'll mostly come down to personal preference, but I do see Geryon being the preferred candidate most of the time.
MaxC
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiPak Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:19 pm

He could work together pretty well with all troops that need to be guarded and hurt friendly troops inside their own area (e.g. Enceladus).

Pretty cool unit I think!
LeiPak
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Telgar Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Why is Hera one of my favorite expansions? Because of Ladon and of Geryon! 2 of my favorite units.
The mini is fantastic. A muscle-building treant. Probably not to difficult to paint. I am sure I'll be able to use it plenty of time outside MBP.
Telgar
Telgar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Telgar Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:52 pm

About the stats:
Very comparable to Cerebus indeed. 4RPs, 4 AC, 8/8, 10 vit and move 2. Mighty throw and Guard (enhanced for Geryon).
As stated above, you can still guard after being thrown away! Nice defense against a common tactic.
I love the range (1 or Force of Nature). It means the unit will be on the offensive as soon as its second activation. And also no retaliation at range.
The alternate 3 attacks is also very useful as its easier to target than area attack, it's done at full attack (8 dice) and with a preceding move 2 (unblocked) you can choose the best spot to launch the attack.

After analysis, still one of my favorite units.
Telgar
Telgar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhalius Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:39 am

I'm betting he will be quite a popular choice in many armies.

Certainly one reason why I went with the Hera big expansion since I can only afford one big box expansion.
That and it has lots of scenarios too, and all units in it are pretty great. Well maybe veteran heracles and Achilles where not really needed but there's a great selection of other very usefull heroes, beautifull and usefull monsters, a goddess that can have larger armies than anyone else, and a flying troop with an area attack.

Rhalius
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down