Sisyphus : Heavy Lifter [BG]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sisyphus : Heavy Lifter [BG]

Post by Shifare on Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:58 pm







Copyright by Mythic Games – Pictures copied from Kickstarter campaign


Last edited by Shifare on Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shifare
Admin

Posts : 280
Join date : 2016-11-28
Age : 28
Location : Amsterdam

View user profile http://mbpantheon.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sisyphus : Heavy Lifter [BG]

Post by Teowulff on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:31 am

Funny unit. I'd think you may just pick him for the AoW cards and not even use him, although 2RP is a bit steep for 4 cards. He doesn't have guard so you can't even use him as a meatshield. Being forced to resurrect him once he dies feels more like a penalty than a bonus. Perhaps it's a good idea to let him run off the board (rulebook p.29) so you can use 2 of his activation cards as AoW cards.
And you may prefer to hold his cards in your hand (and not play him) if you face Hecate, for instance.

A good choice for AoW intensive decks I would think. Like when you are playing with Typhon, who doesn't bring any AoW cards himself.
avatar
Teowulff
God
God

Posts : 201
Join date : 2016-11-28
Location : Utrecht, Almere, Amsterdam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sisyphus : Heavy Lifter [BG]

Post by MaxC on Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:59 am

Sisyphus' main purpose will probably be just for the AoW most of the time. I have to disagree that 2RP is expensive for 4 AoW. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the cheapest source of cards short of using Athena's, which are technically free.

90% of players who recruit him will probably not even bother deploying him unless they are desperate for a 6 dice area attack. Luckily, his 3 activations aren't as likely to come up as other units, which usually have 4.

Useful in conjunction with AoW hogs such as Typhon, Enchilada, Chimera and petrifiers.
avatar
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-12-02
Location : Montréal, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sisyphus : Heavy Lifter [BG]

Post by Rhalius on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:20 am

He seems very usefull when used with Atlas too.

Atlas needs to discard a card when he activates I believe, he could use Sisyphus his cards for that since he isnt that usefull in the field, and Atlas could use some art of war cards.

Rhalius
God
God

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-12-05
Age : 32
Location : Werkendam, Netherlands.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sisyphus : Heavy Lifter [BG]

Post by MaxC on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:53 am

Rhalius wrote:He seems very usefull when used with Atlas too.

Atlas needs to discard a card when he activates I believe, he could use Sisyphus his cards for that since he isnt that usefull in the field, and Atlas could use some art of war cards.

Very good point, Rhalius. Atlas doesn't need to discard every activation, but having what is essentially 3 trash cards would be extremely beneficial.

It's official, I'm painting the boulder as the earth and using Sisyphus entirely as a display piece on the table anytime I play Atlas ;P
avatar
MaxC
Hero
Hero

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-12-02
Location : Montréal, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sisyphus : Heavy Lifter [BG]

Post by Rhalius on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:13 pm

My idea was to have that rock would be his Wilson.
Like in Cast away.

He'll use the blood of his crushed enemies to paint a smiley face on the rock. Smile


Rhalius
God
God

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-12-05
Age : 32
Location : Werkendam, Netherlands.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sisyphus : Heavy Lifter [BG]

Post by Morten Brandt on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:54 am

I guess the plan is fine. Keep in mind Atlas will now cost 4 points.

Morten Brandt
Troop
Troop

Posts : 23
Join date : 2016-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sisyphus : Heavy Lifter [BG]

Post by LeiPak on Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:54 am

Morten Brandt wrote:I guess the plan is fine. Keep in mind Atlas will now cost 4 points.
What exactly do you mean by this? Has anyone stated that they increased the -2RP to -4RP?
avatar
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Posts : 126
Join date : 2016-12-04
Location : Berlin, Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sisyphus : Heavy Lifter [BG]

Post by LeiPak on Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:56 am

MaxC wrote:
Rhalius wrote:He seems very usefull when used with Atlas too.

Atlas needs to discard a card when he activates I believe, he could use Sisyphus his cards for that since he isnt that usefull in the field, and Atlas could use some art of war cards.

Very good point, Rhalius. Atlas doesn't need to discard every activation, but having what is essentially 3 trash cards would be extremely beneficial.

It's official, I'm painting the boulder as the earth and using Sisyphus entirely as a display piece on the table anytime I play Atlas ;P

That boulder as earth sounds good Very Happy

But I like the idea too. You probably do not want your opponent to start drawing cards pretty early in the game, therefore Sisyphus' cards would be pretty useful.
avatar
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Posts : 126
Join date : 2016-12-04
Location : Berlin, Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sisyphus : Heavy Lifter [BG]

Post by Teowulff on Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:46 am

LeiPak wrote:
Morten Brandt wrote:I guess the plan is fine. Keep in mind Atlas will now cost 4 points.
What exactly do you mean by this? Has anyone stated that they increased the -2RP to -4RP?
I think he means the 2 extra RP for Sisyphus - he won't be used so in exchange for 4 AoW cards, you effectively have 8RP left to recruit units that will actually be on the board.
avatar
Teowulff
God
God

Posts : 201
Join date : 2016-11-28
Location : Utrecht, Almere, Amsterdam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sisyphus : Heavy Lifter [BG]

Post by LeiPak on Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:07 pm

Teowulff wrote:
LeiPak wrote:
Morten Brandt wrote:I guess the plan is fine. Keep in mind Atlas will now cost 4 points.
What exactly do you mean by this? Has anyone stated that they increased the -2RP to -4RP?
I think he means the 2 extra RP for Sisyphus - he won't be used so in exchange for 4 AoW cards, you effectively have 8RP left to recruit units that will actually be on the board.
Yeah alright, that seems logical Wink
avatar
LeiPak
Hero
Hero

Posts : 126
Join date : 2016-12-04
Location : Berlin, Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sisyphus : Heavy Lifter [BG]

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum